Monday, October 17, 2011

Kids and their kids

 A response to the ideas Maggie brings to the table...

There are so many shows like "16 and Pregnant" that show young girls with a child as a celebrity. No wonder kids these days are all about sex and having kids at a young age. They want to be popular, they want to be a movie star, they want attention, and apparently according to shows like these, this is how they think they will get it. Even shows like "Dr. Phil" that have young mothers on are influencing children in the wrong way. I understand that Phil is talking to these teens who are wanting to have a baby and telling them that it is not the right decision and how much it will affect their lives in a negative way, but the fact is, that teen is still on t.v because of these thoughts that she has. She is still being a role model for young girls who will do whatever it takes to be in the spotlight. I watched this episode of "Tyra" in which girls who were 13 and 14 years old have already had 20 or more sexual partners! When Tyra asked them why they did it, they told her because they wanted to be liked and to be popular. I know when I was 13, sex didn't even cross my mind as something I wanted to do, whether it could've made me popular or not. It disgusts me to think that these days, young girls are willing to do almost anything to not feel left out.
I have to ask though, where are the parents during this? I understand sex is everywhere, but I still feel that if you teach your children morals and values from a young age, and continue to remind and counsel them in what is important in life, that they should have some sense of self-respect and dignity. Is it just me or are parents getting lazy?

In response to Jackie...

I can definitely relate to watching a little girl go from innocent with barbies and ponies to eyeliner, short skirts, and piercings.I'm thinking, what has happened? Does middle school really have this much of an influence on kids. It's middle school!!!??? I recently observed in an eight grade classroom, and what I saw and heard, was a lot more than I expected. Again, when I was in eighth grade, there was some chatter amongst the boys about boobs and wanting to kiss a girl, but they were still shy about it and got embarassed if the girl he liked found out. Today, embarassed?? Please. These young boys are vulgar! It's not just boobs anymore, it's tits and pussy. Girls are singled out and I can tell that they all feel the pressure. Recess is all about hanging out with your boyfriend and going and making out with him where the teachers can't see you. These kids and their phones were even causing problems. Middle school boys with internet on their phones looking up pictures of "hot chicks". This is the new recess, this is the new middle school, and these are the new teen boys and girls. Makes me sick!

Brittany A

No comments:

Post a Comment