Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Parties Without the Clowns

This past weekend I was invited to a party of sorts and since I had nothing else to do I decided to go, simply for the social aspect. After the long haul out to the middle of nowhere, about 45 minutes from a decent, normal sized city, I arrived at what they called the "party trailer." Never having been there before I definitely did not know what to expect, but some of the things were even more shocking to me that what you would normally find at any weekend party. The simple fact that there were girls as young as 14 at this party helped me make up my mind to only stay for the 20 minutes that I did. I remember asking a friend about these 4 girls who looked extremely young. Finding out that they were freshmen and sophomores in high school made me wonder what the hell were they doing in a place this like. Their parents can't just be ok with this idea and then again they probably don't know what the exact situation is. 15 year old Rachel, I assume, said she is spending the night at Becca's. They might rent a movie, have pillow fights and stay up late drinking soda and eating candy. Of course, why would her parents have to worry. Why would their baby girl tell them she is going to a sleepover when really she is out in a trailer, drinking and acting like a slut with people who are ages 20-27. I found this appalling. I couldn't help but laugh and look at them with a confused look on my face.
Not only did the fact that they were there bug me in general, but how did they get there? Like I said, this place was in the middle of the country. These girls do not have their license, and therefore someone older would have had to give them a ride. Since the youngest guy I could find there was 19, this made me suspicious. 14 and 15 year old girls, riding an hour with a college boy to a party in a trailer. What are they thinking and what is this guy thinking. Easy targets? If you saw the way they were dressed, I would say yes.
The disgusting part of this situation isn't necessarily the fact that the girls were at this party in the first place, but the way that they dressed to come to this college party. I know the trends in high schools these days are a bit scandalous, but I'm pretty sure high schoolers should not be wearing mini skirts with their ass hanging out, hooker boots and low cut off the shoulder shirts, with no coats.........in 30 degree weather. One guy at the party made a comment to me about why I don't have more buttons on my shirt undone as if to be a tease like the rest of the girls who were there. THEY ARE 14! First of all, i was disgusted by the thought that this guy was being "teased" by 14 year olds, and second, I told him, I am not immature, I am not 14, I don't need to show off my body for attention.
Anyways, the point I am trying to make is that at 14 I was actually at sleep-overs, drinking soda, and watching movies. Teens these days need to stick to age appropriate activities, stop trying to grow up so fast, and wear clothes that make people respect them.

Brittany A

No comments:

Post a Comment